While working in the remote rural areas, Mess Society realized that capacities of community based organisations (CBOs) were not adequate to meet expectations of social investors. Under outreach model, Mess Society implements the development interventions directly as it requires intensive and professional engagement for a wider and sustained outcome.
Mess Society gets a first-hand experience on the nuances of development at the grassroots through its Outreach model and then shares the same with partner organisations.
Till date Mess Society has been conferred with various awards and accreditations. The major and recent ones are:
Mess Society is an organization in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations since 2012.
• Education Excellence Award 2013 (ASSOCHAM)
• The IPE Corporate Excellence Award (NGO Excellence) 2013
• Quality initiative Mission Award 2013
• Healthcare Leadership Award
• Asia-Pacific Child Rights Award
• Barclays Bank Chairman?s Award
• GE Healthcare - Modern Medicare Excellence Award
• NTR Memorial Trust Award
• World Health Care Congress recognizes on Wheels (SoW) as the "unique delivery model" in taking healthcare to the poor>
Mess Society is empanelled with National CSR Hub, an initiative by the Central Public Sector Enterprise (CPSE), Department of Public Enterprises, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Govt. of India. We are also accredited to Development Society of Overseas Indians under the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs, Govt. of India.
The USP of Swabhiman is its innovative and highly effective approach named "4 S Model" which means:
Seeking Healthcare as a Behaviour
Support through Education
Support from Men through Male Involvement
Sustaining Change in the Community.